- In order to take full advantage of the site you must register as a member. Registration is FREE.
- The mandatory information we collect when you register includes Name and Email Address. By using our website you consent to the collection, retention and use of this information by The Magic Sunglasses Project. We use this information to create your unique member profile and to inform you about important changes to the website.
- We may also request a username and email address when a user submits a form through the "Contact Us" portion of the Magic Sunglasses website, so that we may respond to the inquiry. We collect the e-mail address ONLY for the purpose of responding directly on a one-time basis to a specific inquiry.
- For some of our online activities - such as polls or surveys - we may ask users to provide information that is not personally identifiable, such as country of residence or a visitor's favourite colour – this is purely for statistical purposes
- When you enter any Competition, we will ask you for your name, address and email address. This allows us to administer the Competition and notify the winners.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject field.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
- Users who wish to advertise on the site are required to make payments using our secure online payment system; in these instances it is necessary for us to collect additional information including postal address, credit or debit card number and expiry date, we also ask for a telephone number: this lets us contact the user if there is a problem with their order.
- As noted above, if you decide to purchase a paid membership, the parent's full name, email address, credit card billing information including mailing address will be required at the time of purchase. That information is not stored by The Magic Sunglasses Club, and, instead, is collected and stored by our payments processing vendor for the purpose of processing payments made to The Magic Sunglasses Club. That information is safeguarded with appropriate security, and it will not be used for other purposes. Furthermore, our payments processing vendor has agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal and financial information it obtains from the Magic Sunglasses website, and only to use this information on our behalf. Our financial institution is bound by all applicable privacy laws relating to the provision of financial services. Our payments processor is currfently Paypal, whose services are securely encrypted.
- We monitor member traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of our website for your benefit and to assist any future sponsors in reaching their target audience. This means a better user experience with restricted but targeted advertising
- The Magic Sunglasses.com may monitor email traffic data and also email content for the purposes of security and staff training.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access, as required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998.
- Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Magic Sunglasses
c/o Childrens World Publishing
BM Box 9302
- Please rest assured that any information that you provide in communications to the above e-mail and postal mail addresses will NOT be used to send you promotional materials
NOTE FOR PARENTS:
The Internet offers a world of opportunity for children. Your guidance and involvement are essential to help ensure that children have a safe and rewarding online experience. We encourage you to visit the GetNetWise.org site and look through the "Kids Safety" section together. Your efforts to instil responsible information practices will help steer your children to age-appropriate sites and will go a long way toward ensuring that your children have enriching experiences online.